BELIZE: Ambergris Caye, June 2018 // El Pescador Lodge
Fish . Photo . Travel
Join Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures for a hands-on, adventure-filled outdoor and fishing photography workshop in beautiful Belize. This six-night / five-day school will take place at El Pescador Lodge on Ambergris Caye June 6-12, 2017. This immersive workshop will be led by two well-known and accomplished outdoor and fishing photographers: Bryan Gregson and Jess McGlothlin. The school includes daily classes and instruction, three full days of guided flats fishing, field trips on Ambergris and visits to surrounding islands, all lodging and meals. Full details are listed below.
Who Should Attend:
Everyone! Whether you just purchased your first camera and are wondering what all those buttons are for or you’re a seasoned amateur to intermediate photographer wanting to make the most of your fishing and travel photography, this workshop will advance your skill level and improve your photos in the field. With three working professional photographers instructing, we’re able (and happy) to teach and accommodate photographers of any skill level. The diversity of instruction and a curriculum designed specifically for outdoor, travel and fishing photography, this workshop will help you to “up your game” and make the most of your future fishing trips.
Location: El Pescador Lodge – Ambergris Caye, Belize
Dates: June 9-15, 2018 (6 nights / 5 days)
Cost Per Person (double occupancy): $4295.00
Photography Instructors: Bryan Gregson and Jess McGlothlin
School Itinerary and Daily Schedule:
• June 6 – All participants arrive in Belize and transfer to El Pescador. Evening one-hour intro class in main villa followed by welcome reception.
• June 7 – Full day of guided fishing (two anglers per boat) followed by afternoon class / instruction block in main villa.
• June 8 – Non-fishing day – Trip into town of San Pedro and other Ambergris area sites for field work and classes. Afternoon class / instruction block in main villa.
• June 9 – Full day of guided fishing (two per boat) followed by afternoon class / instruction block in main villa.
• June 10 – Full day of guided fishing (two per boat) followed by afternoon class / instruction block in main villa.
• June 11 – Full day catamaran trip and photo safari to Hol Chan, Shark-Ray Alley and Caye Caulker
• June 12 – Departure day (morning) for all participants and flight back to U.S. / home city.
Curriculum For Workshop Includes Such Topics As:
• Creative composition for outdoor photographers
• Effectively using circular polarizers and ND filters
• Underwater photography: equipment and techniques
• Night photography: stars and light painting
• Proper fish handling techniques and shooting great “hero” shots
• Packing and travel advice for outdoor photographers
• Recommended “kit” and equipment lists for fishing photographers
• Sunrise and sunset shooting techniques
• Travel photography: Food, fishing, people, places and things
• File handling: downloading, labeling, editing and organizing
• Social media techniques for the independent outdoor photographer
• Nighttime photo walks
• Daily (evening) photo critique for all participants
Photo Workshop Package Includes:
• (6) nights of double occupancy lodging at El Pescador (single room upgrades available for an additional $600.00 per person
• (3) full days of guides fishing (two anglers per boat)
• (2) full days of photo excursions including trips to Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Shark-Ray Alley, Caye Caulker and San Pedro)
• All meals at lodge
• In-country transfer flights from Belize City to Ambergris Caye
• All transfers to and from lodge
• Open bar tab (local beer, liquors and soda)
• Daily classes, seminars and photo instruction for all five days
• Use of fishing equipment (if needed)
• All taxes and service charges
• Participant gift bag
Package Does Not Include:
• Airfare to Belize City
• Gratuities for fishing guides and lodge staff
• Single supplement upgrades (if desired)
• Personal camera equipment
• Additional fishing equipment (other than rods and reels)
Bryan is one of the most recognized names in the world of fishing and outdoor travel photography. He’s an incredibly accomplished independent photographer specializing in creative visual imagery in both still photography and cinematography. After years of focusing his photography in the winter action sports industry, Bryan turned his lens to capturing fly fishing around the globe. He is the recipient of numerous awards and large-scale assignments, with work ranging from major magazine covers to billboards to groundbreaking cinematography shorts. On the commercial side, Bryan has worked with Patagonia, Volvo Cars, Scott Fly Rods, Hatch Outdoors, Trout Unlimited, Scientific Anglers and dozens of other brands, conservation groups and publications.
The founder and owner of Jess McGlothlin Media, Jess has spent years traveling and exploring the world. While her photography primarily focuses on fishing and the outdoors, she has also worked on projects with the U.S. military and several disaster response groups for national and international publications. She has done with The New York Times, Patagonia, YETI, Outside Magazine, Orvis, and Costa Del Mar, and dozens of other publications and companies, and she’s frequently published in the U.S. and abroad. Her work has also appeared in several gallery shows, including recent stints in Israel and Germany. Jess recently left a role as outdoor copywriter at Orvis for a return back home to Montana, accepting a position with Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures as social media director.
Yellow Dog Page
EL PESCADOR LODGE
Ready to brush up on your photography skills?
Call us at 800-777-5060 or send us an email to email@example.com to help with your next photo adventure.