IDAHO: August 2017 / Henry’s Fork Anglers & Elk Creek Ranch
Fish . Photo . Travel
Join Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures for a hands-on, adventure-filled outdoor and fishing photography workshop in Island Park, Idaho. This six-night / five-day school will take place at Henry’s Fork Anglers & Elk Creek Ranch in Idaho August 24-30, 2017 in the Yellowstone caldera. This immersive workshop will be led by two well-known and accomplished outdoor and fishing photographers: Bryan Gregson, Jess McGlothlin. The school includes daily classes and instruction, three full days of guided fly fishing, field trips in the Yellowstone caldera and surrounding locations, all lodging and meals. Full details are listed below.
Who Should Attend:
Everyone! Whether you just purchased your first camera and are wondering what all those buttons are for or you’re a seasoned amateur to intermediate photographer wanting to make the most of your fishing and travel photography, this workshop will advance your skill level and improve your photos in the field. With two working professional photographers instructing, we’re able (and happy) to teach and accommodate photographers of any skill level. The diversity of instruction and a curriculum designed specifically for outdoor, travel and fishing photography, this workshop will help you to “up your game” and make the most of your future fishing trips.
Location: Henry’s Fork Anglers & Elk Creek Ranch – Island Park, Idaho
Dates: August 24-30, 2017 (6 nights / 5 days)
Cost Per Person (All Inclusive): $3,495 Per person / Single Occupant / Shared Bath / Shared Boat
Photography Instructors: Bryan Gregson, Jess McGlothlin
School Itinerary and Daily Schedule:
• August 24 – All participants arrive in Island Park, Idaho at Elk Creek Ranch. Evening one-hour intro class in main room followed by welcome reception.
• August 25 – Full day of guided fishing (two anglers per boat) followed by afternoon class / instruction block in main room.
• August 26 – Non-fishing day – Trip to area sites for field work and classes. Afternoon class / instruction block in main room.
• August 27 – Full day of guided fishing (two per boat) followed by afternoon class / instruction block in main room.
• August 28 – Full day of guided fishing (two per boat) followed by afternoon class / instruction block in main room.
• August 29 – Non-fishing day – Trip to area sites for field work and classes. Afternoon class / instruction block in main room
• August 30 – Departure day (morning) for all participants and flight back to U.S. / home city.
** FIELD DAYS: will consist of a few short walks in both the early mornings and late evening’s, thin gloves and headlamp are highly recommended. Also, we will be on horseback for ½ day.
Curriculum For Workshop Includes Such Topics As:
• Creative composition for outdoor photographers
• Effectively using circular polarizers and ND filters
• Underwater photography: equipment and techniques
• Night photography: stars and light painting
• Proper fish handling techniques and shooting great “hero” shots
• Packing and travel advice for outdoor photographers
• Recommended “kit” and equipment lists for fishing photographers
• Sunrise and sunset shooting techniques
• Travel photography: Food, fishing, people, places and things
• File handling: downloading, labeling, editing and organizing
• Social media techniques for the independent outdoor photographer
• Nighttime photo walks
• Daily (evening) photo critique for all participants
Photo Workshop Package Includes:
• (6) nights of lodging at Elk Creek Ranch (single occupancy rooms)
• (3) days of guided fishing with Henry’s Fork Anglers (2 anglers per guide)
• (2) days of photo excursions
• Breakfast and dinner at the ranch
• Streamside lunch with non-alcoholic beverages on each guided fishing day
• Sack lunch on photo excursion days
• Transportation to and from your daily fishing location by the guides
• All flies, tackle, and needed fishing equipment rentals
• Private water fees (Sheridan Ranch)
• ½ day horseback ride at Eagle Ranch
• Daily classes, seminars and photo instruction for all five days
• Lodging taxes
• Participant gift bag
Package Does Not Include:
• Transportation to and from Island Park, Idaho (best to rent a car)
• Transportation for photo excursions (best to rent a car)
• Gratuities for fishing guides
• Gratuities for staff at Elk Creek Ranch
• Personal camera equipment
• Alcoholic beverages at Elk Creek Ranch (BYO)
• Fishing licenses (purchase at fly shop)
• Other incidental purchases at the fly shop and ranch
Bryan is one of the most recognized names in the world of fishing and outdoor travel photography. He’s an incredibly accomplished independent photographer specializing in creative visual imagery in both still photography and cinematography. After years of focusing his photography in the winter action sports industry, Bryan turned his lens to capturing fly fishing around the globe. He is the recipient of numerous awards and large-scale assignments, with work ranging from major magazine covers to billboards to groundbreaking cinematography shorts. On the commercial side, Bryan has worked with Patagonia, Volvo Cars, Scott Fly Rods, Hatch Outdoors, Trout Unlimited, Scientific Anglers and dozens of other brands, conservation groups and publications.
The founder and owner of Jess McGlothlin Media, Jess has spent years traveling and exploring the world. While her photography primarily focuses on fishing and the outdoors, she has also worked on projects with the U.S. military and several disaster response groups for national and international publications. She has done with The New York Times, Patagonia, YETI, Outside Magazine, Orvis, and Costa Del Mar, and dozens of other publications and companies, and she’s frequently published in the U.S. and abroad. Her work has also appeared in several gallery shows, including recent stints in Israel and Germany. Jess recently left a role as outdoor copywriter at Orvis for a return back home to Montana, accepting a position with Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures as social media director.
Yellow Dog Page
HENRY’S FORK ANGLERS
Ready to brush up on your photography skills?
Call us at 800-777-5060 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to help with your next photo adventure.