September was an adventure! Driving for days to meet destination deadlines was the name of the game here. We were a few weeks into the trip, still a week or more to go, we were headed from Alberta to Ferine BC. We were a tad bit ahead of schedule; a spare half-day was just lying around, we had no choice but to go on an exploratory Yellow Dog adventure.
Over the hill and through the hutterites land we went, finally arriving at some of the greatest grizzly bear habitat anyone could ask for. As luck would have it, the locals observed a sow and cub near the water we were about to fish. The only thing worse than bears is not being able to catch what Shaun calls “cantankerous” trout. A few patterns later, a miss fire with a small net big fish, and a waterboatman later, Shaun connected with a solid rainbow trout. Exploratory mission complete.
- Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures | http://www.yellowdogflyfishing.com/
- Hatch Reels | http://www.hatchoutdoors.com/
- Scott Fly Rods | http://www.scottflyrod.com/
- Canon Cameras, Global | http://www.canon.com/
- TroutHunter Products | http://trouthunterproducts.com/leadertippet/