BELIZE: Ambergris Caye, Nov 2019 // El Pescador Lodge
Fish . Photo . Travel
Join Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures for a hands-on, adventure-filled outdoor and fishing photography workshop in beautiful Belize. This six-night / five-day school will take place at El Pescador Lodge on Ambergris Caye November 6-12, 2019. This immersive workshop will be led by two well-known and accomplished outdoor and fishing photographers: Bryan Gregson and Jim Klug. The school includes daily classes and instruction, three full days of guided flats fishing, field trips on Ambergris and visits to surrounding islands, all lodging, and meals. Full details are listed below.
Who Should Attend:
Everyone! Whether you just purchased your first camera and are wondering what all those buttons are for or you’re a seasoned amateur to the intermediate photographer wanting to make the most of your fishing and travel photography, this workshop will advance your skill level and improve your photos in the field. With three working professional photographers instructing, we’re able (and happy) to teach and accommodate photographers of any skill level. The diversity of instruction and a curriculum designed specifically for outdoor, travel and fishing photography, this workshop will help you to “up your game” and make the most of your future fishing trips.
School Itinerary and Daily Schedule:
• Nov 6 – All participants arrive in Belize and transfer to El Pescador. Evening one-hour intro class in the main villa followed by a welcome reception.
• Nov 7 – Full day of guided fishing (two anglers per boat) followed by afternoon class/instruction block in the main villa.
• Nov 8 – Non-fishing day – Trip into the town of San Pedro and other Ambergris area sites for field work and classes. Afternoon class/instruction block in the main villa.
• Nov 9 – Full day of guided fishing (two per boat) followed by afternoon class/instruction block in the main villa.
• Nov 10 – Full day of guided fishing (two per boat) followed by afternoon class/instruction block in the main villa.
• Nov 11 – Full day catamaran trip and photo safari to Hol Chan, Shark-Ray Alley and Caye Caulker
• Nov 12 – Departure day (morning) for all participants and flight back to U.S. / home city.
Curriculum For Workshop Includes Such Topics As:
• Creative composition for outdoor photographers
• Effectively using circular polarizers and ND filters
• Underwater photography: equipment and techniques
• Night photography: stars and light painting
• Proper fish handling techniques and shooting great “hero” shots
• Packing and travel advice for outdoor photographers
• Recommended “kit” and equipment lists for fishing photographers
• Sunrise and sunset shooting techniques
• Travel photography: Food, fishing, people, places and things
• File handling: downloading, labeling, editing and organizing
• Social media techniques for the independent outdoor photographer
• Nighttime photo walks
• Daily (evening) photo critique for all participants
Photo Workshop Package Includes:
• (6) nights of double occupancy lodging at El Pescador (single room upgrades available for an additional $600.00 per person
• (3) full days of guides fishing (two anglers per boat)
• (2) full days of photo excursions including trips to Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Shark-Ray Alley, Caye Caulker and San Pedro)
• All meals at lodge
• In-country transfer flights from Belize City to Ambergris Caye
• All transfers to and from lodge
• Open bar tab (local beer, liquors and soda)
• Daily classes, seminars and photo instruction for all five days
• Use of fishing equipment (if needed)
• All taxes and service charges
• Participant gift bag
Package Does Not Include:
• Airfare to Belize City
• Gratuities for fishing guides and lodge staff
• Single supplement upgrades (if desired)
• Personal camera equipment
• Additional fishing equipment (other than rods and reels)
“My photography has improved as a result of the Yellow Dog photo schools, and I have had fun putting all that I learned to work with my images. I don’t think my camera has been out of ‘manual’ mode since the school! I feel so much more confident when selecting depth of field, balancing that with the shutter speed, composing images and adjusting the ISO to get the shots that I want.”
– Tony S. (Texas)
“The workshop was so amazing that it’s hard to come up with anything that could have been done better. Highly recommended!”
– Andy T. (New York)
“World class photography instructors working with you side by side – from camera set-up, to on-location shooting, to editing. My 16-year old son and I took this workshop together and it was one of the best experiences we’ve shared. I would highly recommend that you bring the person you fish and or travel with the most.”
– Art M. (Gainesville, FL)
“There is no better way to learn the secrets to better images than an intensive, full immersion program in the field. Yellow Dog’s team of personable and fun professionals helps to give shooting advice all throughout the week, creating a truly dynamic experience. Don’t question the money spent. Simply do it, and your photography skills will leap forward.”
– Kim B. (Bend, OR)
Bryan is one of the most recognized names in the world of fishing and outdoor travel photography. He’s an incredibly accomplished independent photographer specializing in creative visual imagery in both still photography and cinematography. After years of focusing his photography in the winter action sports industry, Bryan turned his lens to capturing fly fishing around the globe. He is the recipient of numerous awards and large-scale assignments, with work ranging from major magazine covers to billboards to groundbreaking cinematography shorts. On the commercial side, Bryan has worked with Patagonia, Volvo Cars, Scott Fly Rods, Hatch Outdoors, Trout Unlimited, Scientific Anglers and dozens of other brands, conservation groups and publications.
Founder and Director of Operations for Yellow Dog Flyfishing, L.L.C., Jim has traveled extensively throughout the world, visiting, fishing and photographing in more than 50 different countries. Jim is the primary copywriter and photographer for the Yellow Dog catalogs and website as well as the co-founder and executive producer for Confluence Films. Jim’s articles and photographs have appeared in dozens of different magazines and publications, including The Drake, The New York Times, Fly Fish Journal, Fly Fisherman Magazine, Outside Magazine, Fly Rod & Reel, USA Today, the L.A. Times, and many others. Jim’s first large-scale book project – Fly Fishing Belize – was published in 2014.
2019 BELIZE PHOTO WORKSHOP
Drop us a note and sign up today!
Yellow Dog Page
EL PESCADOR LODGE
Ready to brush up on your photography skills?
Call us at 800-777-5060 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to help with your next photo adventure.